× Addison's disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and in some cases, the hormone aldosterone.

need help, support and advice

• Posts 8
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Kim91b on topic need help, support and advice

Hey there! As a fellow pituitary tumor sufferer, I feel your pain. My name is Kim and I have been an ER/Trauma nurse for the last 15 years. One of the most common mistakes I have seen both patients and doctors make, is the misconception that all problems or symptoms are related. Your arm pain and hand numbness along with the pain in your cervical spine lead me to believe that you make have cervical stenosis (a straightening of the curvature of the cervical spine) or possibly a bunging disc/pinched nerve. I don't believe this problem is related to your pituitary adenoma, although it is possible that it could be. It seems to me, though, that you should contact your primary care doctor with the concerns and ask for a simple C-spine xray. This series of 2-4 xrays can reveal if there is a straightening of the spine. They can then do a CT or MRI of the cervical spine to reveal any issues with the cervical nerves and/or discs. Sometimes these problems can be fixed through simple chiropractics and sometimes it can be as serious as requiring surgery. But you will never know until you talk to your doctor.
<br>I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!!
<br>-Kim
6 years 2 months ago #9983

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AnitaP
  • AnitaP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

need help, support and advice was created by AnitaP

Hi. It sounds like Bromocriptine /Parlodel that made you sick. When i was dx 30yrs ago with a Prolactinoma, Bromocriptine was the only medicine available. My progressive Endocrinologist suggested that I take the pill vaginally, so that it would not go through the stomach. But even besides the nausea, that drug was horrible.
<br>An important thing to know if they want to do surgery, you should not be on the medicine long, because it changes the tissues making surgery more difficult.
<br>Most of us that have Prolactinomas, have elevated prolactin levels. Even people with non-secreting tumors, have Prolactin. I have never heard of someone not having Prolactin, and if they didn't, they would have to take synthetic Prolactin.
<br>
6 years 3 months ago #9977

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration