× Cushing's Syndrome is a debilitating endocrine disorder characterized by excessive cortisol levels in the blood which may be the result of a tumor of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands or from tumors or cancer arising elsewhere in the body

How did you change after surgery?

• Tess
  • Tess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

How did you change after surgery? was created by Tess

Hi All,

Those of you who have had a pituitary tumour, I would be interested to know what changes occured  months after having tumour removerd?
Did you undergo personality changes? Or different interests in things? etc 

I have a 4mm tumour and high cortisol, so most probably Cushings Desease (just awaiting salivary test results) I don't have a lot of weight gain but if this turns out to be cushings and they operate, I'm hoping I will feel less flat linned, and have more passion for life. I have zero interests in things, but I wan't so badly to be an achiever, it's a constant battle. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but then again I can't differentiate between that and what is normal as I've been like this for a long time.

I also have a eating disorder, and would like to know if the two correlate, does anyone else have/ had a pituitary tumour and eating disorder?

Thank you!
1 month 2 weeks ago #10872

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration