× How has your pituitary tumor/disorder affected your family & friends? How are they coping?

My daughter has Cushing's

• Posts 84
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by PNA-Tammy on topic My daughter has Cushing's

Hello Shortygirl,

Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's story. Sadly it is a story we hear way too often. Your daughter is lucky to have you and your persistence on her side. We appreciate your willingness to help others on their journey. I was going to recommend our Pituitary Spouses and Family Support Group on Facebook, but you already found that. :)

We also have a Pituitary Family Resource Center on our website, here is a link:

[url=http://]pituitary.org/pituitary-family-resource-center/medical-resources/pituitary-family-resource-center/[/url]

The PNA would also like to provide information and support to you and your family. Feel free to contact us at (805) 499-9973 or you can email me at [email protected]

Take care,
Tammy
3 years 9 months ago #10216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shortygirl
  • shortygirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 5
  • Thank you received: 0

My daughter has Cushing's was created by shortygirl

I've just found this site through another forum. I'm surprised there are no other posts as Cushing's affects the whole family.
My daughter is 33 years old and underwent Pituitary resection surgery to remove her microadenoma one week ago.
The first symptom she had was a dramatic weight gain. Doctors told her to diet and exercise. Then came the type 2 diabetes. Again, diet and exercise and the long list of medications began. Her hair started to fall out and she began to have increased facial hair and acne. Then, her periods stopped. She was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and PCOS. Depression soon followed. This started me on my mission to find out what was going on! A few years ago, there was an episode on Mystery Diagnosis that seemed to match everything my daughter was experiencing. The subject of that show was diagnosed with Cushing's. I made her pester her doctors to test her. After about 4 years she was finally sent to an endocrinologist that ordered a midnight saliva test. The reading was incredibly high! She was then sent to a team of endocrinologists associated with our State university. A bit more testing and she was sent for a consultation with a surgeon. It's only been one week and she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. I will be more than happy to be of whatever support I can be to any other 'Cushies' or their families.
3 years 9 months ago #10211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration