× Adult GH deficiency is now a well-recognized clinical syndrome that includes symptoms of increased body fat, decreased muscle and bone mass with reduced strength and endurance, impaired psychological well-being, reduced vitality, and poor quality of

fatty liver

• 1eyedmike
  • 1eyedmike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 11
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by 1eyedmike on topic fatty liver

Tammy I am aware that a growth hormone secreting tumor is not a Prolactinoma what I was asking about was is the IGF --1 the only test I need to determine lack of Growth Hormone.
I on a medicare hmo plan that won't allow second opinions so the cost would be all out of pocket and I was hoping to verify the necessary test which I believe is a simulation test from reading my PNA resource guide my Endo says since they know I have pituitary disease all I need is the IGF-1 true or untrue. I have limited resources so I don't want to spend it needlessly. Thanks Mike
5 years 11 months ago #10021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 84

Replied by PNA-Tammy on topic fatty liver

Hi Mike,
A Macro Prolactinoma is very different from a Growth Hormone secreting tumor. If you are not sure about the doctors advice, I would definitely seek another opinion. Is your doctor and Endocrinologist? Are they experienced with pituitary tumors? If not, I highly suggest finding one who is. There is a list of physicians and hospitals here on our website.
5 years 11 months ago #10020

• 1eyedmike
  • 1eyedmike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 11

fatty liver was created by 1eyedmike

I was just diagnosed with fatty liver and I'm Pan Pit and not taking GH so I contacted my Endo and asked if he thought the lack of GH was the cause. The Dr. informed me that I wasn't that low on GH due to the reading of my IGF-1 test. I told him I've never had any type of stim test and was informed that it wasn't necessary because they know I had a Pituitary tumor. My tumor was a macro prolactinoma over 3cm in size removed via craniotomy. I just hoping to fine out if I need to find another Endo or not. Thanks Mike
5 years 11 months ago #10018

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration