× Adult GH deficiency is now a well-recognized clinical syndrome that includes symptoms of increased body fat, decreased muscle and bone mass with reduced strength and endurance, impaired psychological well-being, reduced vitality, and poor quality of

New to GH

• Posts 96
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by pnaadmin on topic New to GH

The webinar on this topic is now available on our website, go to:

pituitary.org

There is a blue button on the right side of the home page that say View Our Last Webinar. Click on that button and a window will open with the video. Please feel free to contact me at (805) 499-9973 or via email at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Take care,
Tammy Mazzella
Pituitary Network Association
2 years 4 months ago #10337

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 96
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by pnaadmin on topic New to GH

We are actually doing a webinar today about Growth Hormone Deficiency. If you are available it will be today at 9:00 AM Pacific time, we are actually setting everything up now but I wanted to respond quickly. If you cannot make it it will be recorded and we will have it on our website after it is edited. Here is a link to the information about the webinar. I will also post information about where you can go to view the video in case you miss the live event.

http://pituitary.org/events/webinar-growth-hormone-replacement-not-just-for-kids
2 years 4 months ago #10334

• Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Backy on topic New to GH

To make a long story short I failed a GH stimulation test this week. The test was a last resort as the ENDO ruled out everything else under the sun before he would give me the test. This includes MRIs, genetic testing and a ton of cortisol testing. This all started because I was having a really hard time losing weight. I know what I am doing lost 150 pounds before kept off for 3 years then put back on 60 pounds. I was doing every I did before and nothing except water weight in the first week. I knew something was up after 6-8 weeks of no weight loss so went to the doctor to find out what was wrong.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue? I was looking for a good support group and a good place to read up on it. So many of the links in a search are from black market pharmacy type places or people looking to get HGH with no RX. The legit places I have found are pretty much dedicated to children of short stature. Was hoping to find a good forum with adults with GHD .

My wife and I are kind of scared because we don't think insurance will cover treatment. Because I have the rare GHD where there are no other pituitary issues and the cause is unknown. Reading what my insurance company has online I will be denied. What little I can find on cost of treatment is just crazy.
2 years 4 months ago #10333

• Posts 5

Replied by [email protected] on topic New to GH

I have just been diagnosed with GH deficiency. The dr. has not yet submitted the paperwork necessary to get Growth hormone, but did warn me that it was a lengthy process. My concern is the expense of GH. I am a Medicare patient and must deal with a drug plan. How expensive is the GH treatment?
3 years 2 months ago #10253

• Posts 7

Replied by BRENDA_1 on topic New to GH

Hi Joesan22,
Are you still on growth hormones? Have they helped a great deal? What benefits did you notice the most?
I will be starting growth hormones soon and am wondering about the experience of others who have taken GH.
Thank you.
3 years 6 months ago #10227

• Posts 1

New to GH was created by [email protected]

I just started taking GH 4 months ago. First surgery was in 1991 and second in 2005. I have been on synthroid, cortisol and androgel since the first surgery. I was on prednisone/hydrocortisone until 2005 when I was able to get off it over a 2 year period. My IGF-1 level has always been at the bottom of the scale and most of the time just within the lower limit. I had many of the symptoms of low GH, mental fogginess, poor quality of life. I have been fighting to get on GH for years and the insurance always denied it. I changed Endo's several times and could not find one to give me the stim test the insurance company required. Finally I found one who would listed to me and after some pushing on my part, had the test and I am finally on GH. After only a few months I am exercising better, losing a little weight, am more social, basically my life is changing for the better. If your Endo doesn't believe in GH replacement, change until you find one that will work with you. Maybe if you like your doctor you have to get a little angry and push them to read some of the new literature out there, do the tests and push the insurance company. It is well worth it and may be a life changer for you too.
4 years 7 months ago #10116

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration