× Hypopituitarism is a general term that refers to any under function of the pituitary gland. This is a clinical definition used by endocrinologists and is interpreted to mean that one or more functions of the pituitary are deficient.

What treatments have worked for others? Newbie

• Posts 8
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by campbay on topic What treatments have worked for others? Newbie

Brenda, did your GH help?  I have been battling my loss of pituitary function since 2012, at age 61.  I am finding it almost impossible, actually impossible, to find doctors who know how to treat my condition.  I am in a brain fog until afternoon most days.  My quality of life has not improved one bit since I have started medication.  I had a Rathke's Cleft Cyst removed in early 2013.  Since it was a cyst I believe that it was causing me problems since I was a teenager.
I am going to respond to posts to see if we can get this website up and running.  Currently it appears to be pretty useless.  We need doctors replying to posts.  
I would also like this site to allow us to see articles posted in professional journals.  I see articles I would like to read but they want money.  They should be available for free on this site.
2 months 1 week ago #11022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BRENDA_1
  • BRENDA_1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Posts 7
  • Thank you received: 0

What treatments have worked for others? Newbie was created by BRENDA_1

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have Addison's Disease (primary adrenal failure) and hypopituitarism. Following removal of a pituitary tumour in 2011, my quality of life has seriously deteriorated. Although all of my hormone levels, except GH, are normal, I don't seem to be getting better. I will be starting GH soon, but my endocrinologist has said I should try not to pin all of my hopes on this treatment, as results can vary greatly from person to person. If GH replacement doesn't work, I don't know if there is any further options for treatment available.

So, I ask all of you: what treatments have helped alleviate your hypopituitary symptoms? Also, what lifestyle changes or alterations in your daily routine have helped?

I hope I might get a reply.
Thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by BRENDA_1.
5 years 8 months ago #10228

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: membership@pituitary.orgmembershipcoordinatoradministration