× What's worked for you, what hasn't? Post your medication related questions, comments and experiences here. BUT....remember that the people posting on this board are patients and NOT physicians.

Antidepressent

• Hope2BHealthy
  • Hope2BHealthy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Antidepressent was created by Hope2BHealthy

I do have a question about antidepressants with the existence of a non-functioning pituitary adenoma & + stalk effect. I was only diagnosed on Friday and a treatment plan has not been established. My medical and surgical history is very complicated, the most relevant being an Arnold Chiari Malformation (Arachnoid Cyst with Syrinx @ C-2) a sub-occipital craniotomy was performed January of 2000. Even though the cyst was extensively fenestrated the cerebellum never returned to a normal baseline. Due to that damage I have dyslexia and attention deficit issues, the use of antidepressants has been very helpful to increase my ability to focus/concentrate. The antidepressants used so far have been Prozac, which was eventually changed to Effexor ER once the Prozac was no longer effective. In addition, I was in a MVA in 2007 which resulted in 3 cervical disc herniation's and I am now fully disabled. Once I sustained this injury the antidepressants are also used to aid in pain management and situational depression. The psychiatrist who is ordering the antidepressants is unsure if continuing antidepressants is wise ? is there a antidepressant classification which is safe/effective in the presence of the stalk effect?

Thank you for your time and guidance,
Kate
5 years 8 months ago #10022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration