× As their name indicates, these relatively common pituitary adenomas do not result in excess hormone production. Instead they typically cause symptoms because of increasing size and pressure effect on the normal pituitary gland and on structures near

radiation

• Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by bjt on topic radiation

Hi Marvin,
I am currently having IMRT recommended after having surgery 3 years ago. Regarding your radiation treatments, have the radiation treatments killed your pituitary function? Have you experienced any difficulties with short term memory? I am concerned about the side effects associated with radiation therapy. If you can share any more of your experience, it would be helpful. Thanks!
5 years 9 months ago #10048

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marvin
  • marvin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

radiation was created by marvin

Yes i had radiation .. 28 treatments fractional radiation.... here is what happened, and why I arrived at the decision to have radiation......my tumor came back about 2 yrs after surgury....found it had started to grow again, after my yearly mri... my surgean wanted to do surgury again... i decided to get 2nd opion...went to Uof Mich ..Dr Chandler he and his team told me right off to get radiation ..my tumor was small, and would b the best option...also my age (56 and would not be having children) this was 2yr + ago ..doing great so far knock on wood !! hope this helps
7 years 5 months ago #9889

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration