× As their name indicates, these relatively common pituitary adenomas do not result in excess hormone production. Instead they typically cause symptoms because of increasing size and pressure effect on the normal pituitary gland and on structures near

Now you see it, then it's gone?

• Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by dianafowler on topic Now you see it, then it's gone?

were you able to get any answers or have any success with the growth?
5 years 4 weeks ago #10068

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 8

Replied by [email protected] on topic Now you see it, then it's gone?

I'm not sure how that works. They found mine in 2007, was stable at 10 mm. Now it's grown to 1.3 cm and pushing on optic chasim. Did they do blood work on you? Need to find out what's going on w/ all your hormone stuff (ACTH, GH, Thyroid, Renin, etc). I was pretty much ignoring the tumor (based on blood work up) until it started messing w/ my horomones on optic nerve. Now it's time to consult w/ a surgeon.
6 years 10 months ago #9904

• Posts 8

I'm not sure how that works. They found mine in 2007, was stable at 10 mm. Now it's grown to 1.3 cm and pushing on optic chasim. Did they do blood work on you? Need to find out what's going on w/ all your hormone stuff (ACTH, GH, Thyroid, Renin, etc). I was pretty much ignoring the tumor (based on blood work up) until it started messing w/ my horomones on optic nerve. Now it's time to consult w/ a surgeon.
6 years 10 months ago #9903

• Posts 8

6 years 10 months ago #9902

• Posts 4

Now you see it, then it's gone? was created by [email protected]

I've got something similar. Mine was first diagnosed at 3mm and now it's barely visible. My understanding is when an MRI is done it takes a cross section of the brain, moves over a few mm, takes another cross section, moves over, and so on until it's done. Since it's only getting snapshots it's possible the sections the MRI is skipping are what contain the tumor. That's my understanding. If I'm wrong and someone else has better information please educate me since that's why we're here.
7 years 3 weeks ago #9892

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration