× The many issues we deal with every day.

Headaches and head pressure with acromegaly

• Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ocker_05 on topic Headaches and head pressure with acromegaly

Because of constant headaches I started taking opiate and it helped me overcome it but soon I realized that I was getting addicted to it. So I started getting counseling at the suboxone treatment virginia clinic. The experts provided enough support and helped me get out of the situation.
1 year 11 months ago #10374

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GreenThumb
  • GreenThumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 8

Replied by GreenThumb on topic Headaches and head pressure with acromegaly

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you are going through all this! I was recently diagnosed with a microadenoma in my pituitary a few weeks ago - my main complaint was constant headaches and nightsweats. I have gained about 40lbs since the onset of the nightsweats and was being treated with a daily headache medicine - topiramate. I explained my weight gain concerns, as I am extremely active - I do crossfit and rockclimb regularly and eat very healthy - and my doctor suggested I be more active and eat healthier - also that the topiramate helps with weight loss. It was a real downer to have someone suggest that I needed to do MORE activities - when I was running myself ragged - this continued even with the topitamate. The topiramate brought on a huge amount of other odd symptoms - which I stuck out as my dose was increased. It never helped with the headaches and that is what lead to the brain MRI. After I was diagnosed with the small tumor - my crotisol levels were extremely high (weight gain is part of that). Has your doctor tested your hormone levels? I have not begun a treatment plan - as I am still pending some blood work results - but was wondering what your doctor suggested as your next step? I have been getting bouts of sinus infections/ headaches - which I never had before. Do you have "head pressure" like your brain feels swollen - kind of headache? I have also had pressure around my eyes and my eyes have felt sore - they said my tumor is not pressing on anything to cause that. (the eye pressure started when the nightsweats/ massive headaches started...)
<br>
<br>I'd be interested in knowing your other symptoms and how your are getting treated. All the best & my thoughts are with you!
6 years 3 months ago #9968

• GreenThumb
  • GreenThumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 8

Headaches and head pressure with acromegaly was created by GreenThumb

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you are going through all this! I was recently diagnosed with a microadenoma in my pituitary a few weeks ago - my main complaint was constant headaches and nightsweats. I have gained about 40lbs since the onset of the nightsweats and was being treated with a daily headache medicine - topiramate. I explained my weight gain concerns, as I am extremely active - I do crossfit and rockclimb regularly and eat very healthy - and my doctor suggested I be more active and eat healthier - also that the topiramate helps with weight loss. It was a real downer to have someone suggest that I needed to do MORE activities - when I was running myself ragged - this continued even with the topitamate. The topiramate brought on a huge amount of other odd symptoms - which I stuck out as my dose was increased. It never helped with the headaches and that is what lead to the brain MRI. After I was diagnosed with the small tumor - my crotisol levels were extremely high (weight gain is part of that). Has your doctor tested your hormone levels? I have not begun a treatment plan - as I am still pending some blood work results - but was wondering what your doctor suggested as your next step? I have been getting bouts of sinus infections/ headaches - which I never had before. Do you have "head pressure" like your brain feels swollen - kind of headache? I have also had pressure around my eyes and my eyes have felt sore - they said my tumor is not pressing on anything to cause that. (the eye pressure started when the nightsweats/ massive headaches started...)
<br>
<br>I'd be interested in knowing your other symptoms and how your are getting treated. All the best & my thoughts are with you!
6 years 3 months ago #9967

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration