× The many issues we deal with every day.

pitutary hypogonadism type 2/adrenal fatigue?

• Posts 84
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by PNA-Tammy on topic pitutary hypogonadism type 2/adrenal fatigue?

Hello Axel,

I am not a medical professional so I was unable to answer this question on my own. I did consult with one of our medical advisers and this is his response.

This is not an uncommon scenario, and we see this with anyone who has a pituitary disorder resulting in low LH levels. In a male who is interested in fertility (depending on when they wish to start trying to have a child), we often use gonadotropin therapy, starting with shots of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). You can also use routine testosterone preparations, but will need to switch to hCG injections at least 6 months before you wish to have a child (it may take up to a year to be effective and increase sperm levels, if low). You need to see an endocrinologist who is familiar with this.

As he mentions, it is really important to see an endocrinologist experienced in treating patients with pituitary disorders. There is a list of experienced physicians here on our website. Here is a link to the physician page

I hope this helps, feel free to contact us with more questions.

Take care,
Tammy
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by PNA-Tammy.
4 years 11 months ago #10104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• axel074
  • axel074's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

pitutary hypogonadism type 2/adrenal fatigue? was created by axel074

hello

I am a male 40 years of age and have been diagnosed with idiopathic hypogonadism type 2 where my pituitary glands are not producing enough LH and hence low testosterone and all of the things that come with it. My testosterone was 340 in march, 270 in july and about 200 in Sept am am really alarmed. No brain tumor or sudden increase in weight or lifestyle change.
My endocrinologist is recommending I take testosterone injections but since after external supplementation the body shuts down its native production of testosterone and it affects fertility (I would like to start a family in the near future) I want to see if something else would help.
Any one have any success with a similar problem?
Also what are peoples experiences with testosterone supplementation and observed side effects?
I have been through an extremely stressful 1.5 years could that be playing a part?
Any ideas of adrenal fatigue and pitutary dysfunction that people are aware of?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
4 years 11 months ago #10103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration