× The many issues we deal with every day.

Hypopituitarism damaged and weight gain

• Posts 84
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by PNA-Tammy on topic Hypopituitarism damaged and weight gain

Hello,

I am not a medical professional so I cannot provide medical advice. What I do suggest is that you see an endocrinologist that specializes in treating people with pituitary disorders. An experienced endocrinologist can run the appropriate tests to determine the pituitary function and determine the course of treatment that is right for you.

There is a list of physicians that are experienced at treating people with pituitary disorders on our website. Here is a link

http://pituitary.org/medical-resources/physicians

We also have a list of pituitary centers on our website. Here is a link to that page:

http://pituitary.org/medical-resources/hospitals

Feel free to contact us at (805) 499-9973 or [email protected] if you would like more information.

Take care,
Tammy
3 years 2 months ago #10252

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lunddk
  • lunddk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Hypopituitarism damaged and weight gain was created by lunddk

Hi everyone,

Im a man at 29 years old. Last year in may, I went under a surgery to remove a philocytic brain tumor.

The doctors couldnt remove all the tumour, and will operating they damaged the pituitary.

After the episode, I was sent home with a notice of: I need to recieve Euthyrox for a lifelong period.
The Euthyrox medicine dont seems to work. I run to the fitness everyday and burn 300-500 calories. And my diet is around 1100 calorie at maximum. - So I'm trying hard to loose weight but will no succes.

I can't be the only one going through this experience ?

So what do you people do?? Anyone who' have went over the stage of massive weight gain?

Is it medicine or do I need to try something else?
3 years 2 months ago #10251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration