× The many issues we deal with every day.

Pituicytom

• Posts 82
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by pnaadmin on topic Pituicytom

Mary, Also, if you are on Facebook we moderate a closed patient support group for pituitary patients. It called , "Pituitary Network Support Group" you can search for it and request to join. Only member of the group can see your post for this group.
2 weeks 12 hours ago #10559

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 82

Replied by pnaadmin on topic Pituicytom

Hello Mary,
It is only natural that a diagnosis like this is difficult to come to terms with. But you are doing the right thing by trying to learn as much as possible about your disorder. The next thing I would suggest is to find an expert neuroendocrinologist as close to you as possible that is experienced in pituitary disorders. One that is associated with a pituitary center would be ideal, as a pituitary center will have all the physicians that you will possibly need under one roof. This makes it easy for them to consult with one another to come up with the best treatment plan for you. The below link is to our physician database that has experienced pituitary physicians.  Best wishes! pituitary.org/medical-resources/physicians  
2 weeks 13 hours ago #10558

• wolfkin
  • wolfkin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1

Pituicytom was created by wolfkin

Hi! My name is Mary and I live in Calgary, Alberta. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with Pituicytoma, Diabetes Insipidus and Hypothyroidism. I've been able to find plenty of information on the common conditions of DI and Hypothyroidism but I'm having a lot of difficulty finding anything regarding the Pituicytoma. Apparently, it's very rare and from what I can find only about 70 cases are mentioned in medical journals.  I'm finding it really hard to come to terms with the diagnoses because I can't find anyone to talk to who understands what I'm dealing with. I also have some pre-existing mental health issues and it's a 2&1/2 year wait to get in to a phycologist or therapist where I live. I'm hoping someone here can offer some advise or suggestions on how they've coped with a pituitary disorder diagnosis.
2 weeks 18 hours ago #10557

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration