× These pituitary tumors (also called adenomas) secrete excessive amounts of prolactin and are the most common type of pituitary tumor seen clinically.

What is a normal response to medication?

• Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by BflyLady on topic What is a normal response to medication?

I was running a search on bromocriptine and found this post (and not much else - I may be searching wrong). I hope you have your answers already and this is moot, but in case anyone else searches, I'll share what little I know at this point.

An ortho found my macroprolactinoma last Nov (2016) in a head x-ray; I'd had a micro diagnosed in 2003, but recently read only 5% end up going macro, so bear that in mind. I'm on bromocriptine but my numbers haven't dropped as well as yours. Started about 2500, down incrementally to 100s last month, but last week back up to 300s. Endo upped my dosage from 7.5 to 10mg and I hope it works. At first I thought a lower number meant a shrinking tumor, and endo said it's definitely a positive thing but only another MRI can confirm it's size.

I have no idea what to expect in the future! There seem to be precious few life stories to be found online (again, unless it's my poor search capabilities). I really hope your prolactin continues to stay in normal range!
2 years 2 weeks ago #10345

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ember
  • Ember's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

What is a normal response to medication? was created by Ember

My prolactinoma was found a little over a month ago. 2mm. My prolactin levels were just shy of 2000ng/ml. I just got back the results of my first bloodwork after being on bromocriptine 5mg once daily for about a month. My prolactin levels dropped to 9ng/ml. I will see my doctor in a few days, but can't get answers from her until then and it is driving me crazy trying to guess what this means. Does it just mean the bromocriptine is controlling the prolactin production? Does it suggest that maybe the tumor has shrunk? Is this a normal response to treatment? Abnormal? Anyone know?
2 years 1 month ago #10335

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration