× These pituitary tumors (also called adenomas) secrete excessive amounts of prolactin and are the most common type of pituitary tumor seen clinically.

Prolactinoma or all in my head?

• Posts 5
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by [email protected] on topic Prolactinoma or all in my head?

Thank you for sharing your story. I know how difficult it is to find a physician that understands what you are experiencing.
I strongly suggest you contact an endocrinologist that specializes in pituitary disorders. Here is a link to physicians on our website: pituitary.org/medical-resources/physicians You have an option to do an extended search for physicians in your state.
If you need further help, please call the office. 805-499-9973. We are on the West Coast, so be aware of the time difference. Our hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Fran
1 year 2 days ago #10440

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kirstydonaghy
  • kirstydonaghy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Prolactinoma or all in my head? was created by kirstydonaghy

Hello

Recently I’ve been struggling with a variety of symptoms and anytime I try and tell someone they tell me it’s all in my head.

In June last year I went off birth control (Cilest to be specific) and about 2 weeks later I noticed discharge from my nipples and they were seriously swollen and sore. I looked it up and apparently this is somewhat normal for coming off birth control. This happened for a few weeks and eventually it stopped. I went back on birth control 4 months ago (Microgynon) and it was fine up until last month when on my seven week break I noticed my breasts swelling and discharge happening spontaneously and when squeezed from both nipples. I did a few pregnancy tests to rule that out also. It again went away for about two weeks and now it’s back. My nipples are constantly discharging and they’re painful and swollen. I’ve read that combined birth control can cause leaking from the nipples and I was okay with this up until recently I’ve started developing more and more symptoms.

I have had a constant headache for about two weeks and it feels like sinus pain. It gets more severe with bending over and I have pain around my eyes and face. It’s basically like having sinitus without the congestion. I’ve also become seriously irritable and anxious. I’m constantly on verge of a panic attack and I’m usually always dizzy. I’ve been to a&e recently with passing out and they checked my blood and put me on a high dose of iron. They also checked me for thyroid problems but they came back fine.

I genuinely have no idea whats going on but all I know is that the headaches are becoming a serious problem especially with exams coming up. I don’t have a clue what’s going on with me but does anything sound familiar?

I have a doctors appointment on the 11th of June also but I’ve been waiting 3 weeks already for this appointment and I keep feeling worse.
1 year 2 days ago #10439

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration