× Tell us about your journey

28 y/o Pituitary Ninja

• Posts 84
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by PNA-Tammy on topic 28 y/o Pituitary Ninja

Hello Pituitary Ninja!

We are grateful that you found our forum as well. We are also happy to hear that you are getting expert treatment at a pituitary center. That is one of the best things that you can do when faced with a pituitary tumor.

I am not a medical professional so I cannot offer medical advice or really answer about what to expect because everyone's case is different. The Pituitary Network Association does have an extensive webinar library with quite a bit of information about pituitary tumors, treatment options and other aspects of pituitary disorders. Here is a link to a page with our most recent webinars:

pituitary.org/knowledge-base/pna-educational-webinars

These and previous webinars are also available on our YouTube channel. There is actually a three part series that was done by the team at UCSF from a few year ago.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCmgVwGj9F_ByN2rDaMvAlrA

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or would like additional information feel free to contact us at (805) 499-9973 or [email protected]

Take care,
Tammy Mazzella
Pituitary Network Association
(805) 499-9973
[email protected]
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by PNA-Tammy.
1 year 9 months ago #10390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AnHenry
  • AnHenry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

28 y/o Pituitary Ninja was created by AnHenry

Hi all,

I am so grateful to have found this forum. I was found to have a pituitary adenoma back in 2005 during training for the Air Force. It originally measured 4.5mm to 6 mm with MRIs 6 months apart. It was non functioning but caused mild effect on my optic chiasm. I was referred to neurosurgery, endo, and ophthalmology who all found that I was within normal levels. I suffered with many issues such as anxiety, insomnia, migraines, visual changes, and weight gain. Most of it I assume is just stress but who truly knows.

Fast forward to September 2017, a new MRI found that my tumor doubled to 13.5 mm and is causing mass effect on my optic nerves. I just got my appointment with Opthalmology and they conducted an OCT test that showed areas of concern around my nasal area. I have a visual field test scheduled today; Oct 31 I see UCSF's pituitary center for endo then another apt with neurosurgery after that. I am nervous but am hoping they take immediate steps to save my vision.

Any advice would be great for what to expect pre, during, and post surgery. Thank you .
1 year 9 months ago #10389

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]