× Tell us about your journey

Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared

• SabC
  • SabC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by SabC on topic Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared

Before this I had no idea that it could impact your mood. It makes sense because I've been on a short leash for over a year and can get extremely angry over nothing.
Yes, my husband has commented about it as well. He has definitely noticed.
Thanks again for sharing! It's good to know the things I've been feeling are more than likely linked to this and that it happens to others.
1 year 1 month ago #10422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 3

Replied by EMW on topic Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared

You bet. It’s a challenging time. Prolactin also impacts moodiness, crankiness, memory, perspective, focus, etc. Even makes you more tender.

This is a great time to give those you love & trust permission to gently guide you if they think you’re running off the rails. And listen without judgment. Which is tough when you’re already a little edgy. My counselor calls it “immersed in a sea of prolactin” - always reminding me to be gentle on myself and accept that it just makes me different in subtle ways.

My wife was very relieved when I did a reality check with her about being more difficult to live with for a month or two. She says to me “I’ve been noticing stuff for almost a year, and didn’t know what to do.”

Hope this isn’t too much. I’m on this forum for support, too, and telling the story helps keep perspective.
1 year 2 months ago #10418

• SabC
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 3

Replied by SabC on topic Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your story! Definitely makes me feel better when I hear other people's stories.
Thanks again!
1 year 2 months ago #10417

• Posts 3

Replied by EMW on topic Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared

I’m new here, but had a macroprolactinoma taken out 9 years ago. No one was worried about mine being cancer because apparently Pituitary tumors rarely are. But Pituitary rumors that produce Prolactin apparently are pretty common.

Treatment with Dopamine agonists seem to be the most common solution - they reduce prolactin levels and shrink the tumors (sometimes making micros disappear). I didn’t tolerate the drugs, so had the surgery. Not bad...

Good luck!
1 year 2 months ago #10416

• SabC
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 3

Newly Diagnosed in Toronto, Canada with Microadenoma - Very Scared was created by SabC

Hi All,

Nice to have a place to join to speak with individuals going through the same thing.

I'm a 36 year old female nine months postpartum. I had elevated prolactin so my GP suggested an MRI which showed three shaded areas in my pituitary gland with "possible cystic components" and "possible microadenoma due to elevated prolactin". I met with an Endocrinologist who informed me that they were tumors to my surprise. Hearing the word "tumor" and it being located in my head has me terrified. My GP and Endocrinologist do not seem concerned. How are they confident that these are not cancerous? From what I have read, you can't really tell so that has me very concerned. I'm hoping someone can ease my fears with your experiences. Also, if there is anyone from Toronto or surrounding areas that received treatment from someone they can recommend that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!
Sabrina
1 year 2 months ago #10413

Moderators: [email protected]