× Tell us about your journey

Newly diagnosed w/macroadenoma and starting bromocriptine

• Joeheadhurt
  • Joeheadhurt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Newly diagnosed w/macroadenoma and starting bromocriptine was created by Joeheadhurt

Hi all,

So after two years of what I consider incompetent or at the very least disinterested/inactive doctoring, they have found I have a prolactin secreting macro adenoma measuring 3x3x2 cm. I have been on testosterone injections (200 ml, 2x/month) for about a year and a half, and am also taking Wellbutrin for depression/low energy and temazepam/Restoril for insomnia, as I have been waking often after only 4-5 hours of sleep and not being able to get back to sleep. A few days ago my endocrinologist saw me and ran one last blood test which showed my prolactin level at 37, and my IGF-1 to be at 297.....relatively very low it seems, considering the size of my adenoma and some of the levels other have had with microadenomas (correct me if I'm wrong about that comparison).

Anyway, tonight I picked up my bromocriptine. I've made the mistake of Googling the heck out of all this stuff, and am worried it will make me feel ill or worse yet, depressed (I read this can be a side effect--is it common?). I ate a bit extra at dinner so that when I take it I'll hopefully have some food left in my stomach. I suppose I'm just on here for support at this point. I've been feeling rotten and run-down for well over two years, and am REALLY hoping this drug changes my life. One thing I'm not clear on is how it will lower my IGF-1....I read that a different drug will do that. Any inputs or thoughts/experiences? Thanks all.

J
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Joeheadhurt. Reason: Wrote down wrong kind of adenoma initially---it's a macro, not micro
8 months 1 week ago #10474

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]