× Tell us about your journey

I'm due to have an operation - any advice?

• Chelby
  • Chelby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 1

I'm due to have an operation - any advice? was created by Chelby

Hi there,   I don't know if you have had your surgery yet but having had pituitary surgery I think my best advice would be to stock up on nose products.   Assuming that the surgeon goes up through your nose  when you come out of surgery it will be packed up.   this lasts for a few days and then you will be stuffed up and have to rinse out your nose for several weeks afterwards.   Before my surgery,   (maybe to relieve the stress)   I went on a mini drug store shopping spree and bought up some different nasal lavages,  nose drops, and various rinsing products to try after surgery.   To save money you will also want to have a way to make your own nasal rinse.   You can use a neti pot.  I personally used an ear bulb syringe which sucks up water and is meant to be used on the ears but worked perfectly well on the nose.   1/2 tsp.  sea salt per cup of warm water and you are good to go.  don't be afraid to do this several times per day for a while.  Just get comfortable squirting stuff up your nose until its all healed.  

I smelled some weird smells for a while afterwards so thats exciting and the day my sinuses cleared up in the shower i actually cried with joy. 
Its scary but not that horrible.
good luck to you
3 months 1 week ago #10628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]