**Covid-19 and Adrenal Insufficiency - Patient Advisory**

The PNA has been monitoring the unprecedented events taking place around the world.
During these uncertain times, we want to share as much information with our patient community as possible. 

Click on this link to read the advisory

Social Security Disability

• Posts 4
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by smcmahan on topic Social Security Disability

I was diagnosed with having NO pituitary gland (PAN HYPO Pituitarism) at all when I was 13. When 26 years old and fresh out of college, my parents, who adopted me at 10 days old and have been my medical advocates since I was 13, had to hire a lawyer to get me on Medicare and Medicaid. I am thankful for that, but what I hate is that in order to get Medicare/Medicaid, you have to be either retired or on disability. I am disabled without my medicine, but I enjoy working and working hard to earn the money I deserve. I would like to earn more than the maximum limit of 15K/year, but I fear that if I do earn more that I will die at the hands of my own government who wish you to be poor enough in order to "deserve" coverage for something I did not ask for or cause. I do have a trust fund (although tiny).

What I would REALLY like to know is how it is for Canadians who have Pituitary problems and can they earn more since Canada has single-payer insurance? What's it like in the UK?

Thank You!
3 years 8 months ago #10258

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 4

Replied by bahia2012 on topic Social Security Disability

I applied for SSID back in March 2013. Does it really take 6 months to hear a reply? I have a pituitary tumor for well over 14years. Med management did not work. What can SSID do for me? I was recently diag with bipolar issues. Will have both those issues be helpful in getting the help I need?
6 years 7 months ago #10008

• Posts 14

Replied by Morniglo on topic Social Security Disability

It took me 7 years. I got it because i HAVE anxiety problems along with pituitary tumor and my psychitrist wrote a letter they had to go throgh my temporal lobe. I had to appeal it fianlly in a court.
6 years 8 months ago #10007

• Posts 11

Replied by 1eyedmike on topic Social Security Disability

I had to get a lawyer to be approved even after losing 2/3 of my vision to the tumor . The lawyers aren't allowed to charge up front but do get a flat fee which is taken out of your first check, mine was a good size check as the lawyer applied for the disability for the months I was denied and the check was retroactive. There are attorneys the specialize in this field.
<br>
7 years 1 month ago #9946

• GrandpaGrizz55
  • GrandpaGrizz55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 4

Social Security Disability was created by GrandpaGrizz55

Need any ideas how to deal with Social Security Disability.
7 years 2 months ago #9937

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration