Social Security Disability

• Posts 4
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by smcmahan on topic Social Security Disability

I was diagnosed with having NO pituitary gland (PAN HYPO Pituitarism) at all when I was 13. When 26 years old and fresh out of college, my parents, who adopted me at 10 days old and have been my medical advocates since I was 13, had to hire a lawyer to get me on Medicare and Medicaid. I am thankful for that, but what I hate is that in order to get Medicare/Medicaid, you have to be either retired or on disability. I am disabled without my medicine, but I enjoy working and working hard to earn the money I deserve. I would like to earn more than the maximum limit of 15K/year, but I fear that if I do earn more that I will die at the hands of my own government who wish you to be poor enough in order to "deserve" coverage for something I did not ask for or cause. I do have a trust fund (although tiny).

What I would REALLY like to know is how it is for Canadians who have Pituitary problems and can they earn more since Canada has single-payer insurance? What's it like in the UK?

Thank You!
2 years 5 months ago #10258

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 4

Replied by bahia2012 on topic Social Security Disability

I applied for SSID back in March 2013. Does it really take 6 months to hear a reply? I have a pituitary tumor for well over 14years. Med management did not work. What can SSID do for me? I was recently diag with bipolar issues. Will have both those issues be helpful in getting the help I need?
5 years 4 months ago #10008

• Posts 14

Replied by Morniglo on topic Social Security Disability

It took me 7 years. I got it because i HAVE anxiety problems along with pituitary tumor and my psychitrist wrote a letter they had to go throgh my temporal lobe. I had to appeal it fianlly in a court.
5 years 4 months ago #10007

• Posts 11

Replied by 1eyedmike on topic Social Security Disability

I had to get a lawyer to be approved even after losing 2/3 of my vision to the tumor . The lawyers aren't allowed to charge up front but do get a flat fee which is taken out of your first check, mine was a good size check as the lawyer applied for the disability for the months I was denied and the check was retroactive. There are attorneys the specialize in this field.
<br>
5 years 10 months ago #9946

• GrandpaGrizz55
  • GrandpaGrizz55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 4

Social Security Disability was created by GrandpaGrizz55

Need any ideas how to deal with Social Security Disability.
5 years 11 months ago #9937

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration