× The place to discuss all things surgical. What are the types of surgical procedures? How long is the hospital stay? Post your questions & experiences here.

Regrowth of tumor after Transphenoidal operation

• cadencereed
  • cadencereed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 8
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by cadencereed on topic Regrowth of tumor after Transphenoidal operation

I am a recent post-op patient from an endonasal surgery & have come out with some "stray cells" that have prevented my prolactin level (caused by my Prolactinoma) to get back to the normal level. My level going into surgery was 250 & now is is 32, which is a vast improvement, however I am hesitant to stop and wait to long to see what happens as these post surgical prolactin numbers I was told by my doctor indicate that there are still some stray tumor cells. I know I cannot take Cabergoline because I had a 1/100 side effect reaction of hallucinations when I took it.
<br>
<br>I am responding to your post to say I can relate & am looking for a solution to get rid of my stray cells as I've now exhausted the two conventional medicine options of drug treatment & surgery. I really want to avoid radiation at all possible costs. Has your Father tried the drugs Cabergoline or Bromocriptomine? If he can tolerate this medication this could be a possible treatment.
<br>
<br>Comments anyone?
7 years 1 month ago #9906

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cadencereed
  • cadencereed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 8
  • Thank you received: 0

Regrowth of tumor after Transphenoidal operation was created by cadencereed

I am a recent post-op patient from an endonasal surgery & have come out with some "stray cells" that have prevented my prolactin level (caused by my Prolactinoma) to get back to the normal level. My level going into surgery was 250 & now is is 32, which is a vast improvement, however I am hesitant to stop and wait to long to see what happens as these post surgical prolactin numbers I was told by my doctor indicate that there are still some stray tumor cells. I know I cannot take Cabergoline because I had a 1/100 side effect reaction of hallucinations when I took it.
<br>
<br>I am responding to your post to say I can relate & am looking for a solution to get rid of my stray cells as I've now exhausted the two conventional medicine options of drug treatment & surgery. I really want to avoid radiation at all possible costs. Has your Father tried the drugs Cabergoline or Bromocriptomine? If he can tolerate this medication this could be a possible treatment.
<br>
<br>Comments anyone?
7 years 1 month ago #9905

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration