× The place to discuss all things surgical. What are the types of surgical procedures? How long is the hospital stay? Post your questions & experiences here.

Here I go again - tumor regrowth 7 years post-op

• Morniglo
  • Morniglo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 14
  • Thank you received: 0

Here I go again - tumor regrowth 7 years post-op was created by Morniglo

I think they probably should have given you radiation before growth hormone to stop the tumor from growing. Mine is also by my main artery. 2cm. It has not grown for 9 years but I wasn't on GHG until 3 months ago.
<br>2004 I had a macro tumor of the pituitary that made my eye go crossed. I had radiation for 6 weeks and that is why mine hasn't grown so far I am guessing. I got very tired and emotional after three weeks of radiation. It was my thyroid. The doctor needed to test my FREE T4 not just my TSH, T-3 and T-4. After I got Levothyioxne for my thyroid. I wasn't emotional anymore or tired..
<br> I also just started this year Hydrocortisone as my ACTH and cortisol has been low as well as my IGF-1(HGH) was low so finally got my Growth hormone after all these years. It made me beable to excercize again.
<br>I would say radiation is the only thing that will stop left over tumor from growing especially with Growth Hormone but I am not a doctor but I have done extensive research at the best sites. Just make sure the test your FREE T-4 as you may get a thyroid problem as well as the ACTH and Cortisol that have to do with your adrenals.
<br>Wishing you the best. Praying I am not next with the tumor regrowth. I understand what you are going through.
<br>
<br>
5 years 9 months ago #10004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: [email protected]membershipcoordinatoradministration