My Acromegaly Treatment Has Changed Its Shape
“I wanted to take part almost as soon as I heard about the study. I was anxious to stop getting painful injections and to be relieved of the inconvenience of the monthly visits to my doctor for injections.”
Before acromegaly, Shannon was the life of the party, spending time with her friends whenever she could and building a life for herself. After her diagnosis, she experienced disruptions in her life due to the inconvenience of going to her doctor's office for injections; that is until she discovered a clinical trial for a new oral treatment for acromegaly.
Strongbridge Biopharma plc announced positive top-line results from the pivotal Phase 3 LOGICS study of RECORLEV™ (levoketoconazole) for the treatment of endogenous Cushing’s syndrome, which met its primary endpoint with high statistical significance.
PNA Medical Corner: Corticotroph hyperplasia and Cushing’s Disease
This month the PNA Medical Corner showcases an article co-authored by Dr. Edward Laws, an eminent neurosurgeon with Brigham and Women’s Hospital near Boston. Dr. Laws was also the 2004 recipient of the PNA’s highest honor, the Gentle Giant award. The study looks at corticotroph hyperplasia in Cushing’s disease and finds “association between biochemically proven Cushing disease and histopathologically proven corticotroph hyperplasia.” Here is the abstract:
Corticotroph hyperplasia and Cushing disease: diagnostic features and surgical management
Is there any gender difference in epidemiology, clinical presentation and co-morbidities of non-functioning pituitary adenomas? A prospective survey of a National Referral Center and review of the literature.
More Articles ...
- September 2020
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol
- Netflix Documentary Features PNA Members: Lenox Hill Hospital and Dr. John Boockvar
- New Oral Medication Approved For Acromegaly
- Dr. Nelson Oyesiku Named Endowed Chair at Emory
- PNA Welcomes New Chairman of the Board of Directors
- August 2020
- PNA Medical Corner: Osilodrostat for Cushing’s
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Pouneh Fazeli
- Research Articles August 2020
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Georgios A. Zenonos
- PNA Patient Hero: Sunny Ammerman
- PNA Medical Corner July 2020
- Ipsen Cares Program Evolves During COVID
- Research Articles July 2020
- July 2020 Extra Articles
- June 2020 Extra Articles
- Medical Corner June 2020
- Research Articles June 2020
- Pituitary Adenoma Clinical Trial
- Treatment of Aggressive Pituitary Tumors with Immunotherapy
- May 2020 Highlights Research Articles
- PNA Medical Corner: Endocrinology in the Era of COVID-19
- In Memorium Dr. Donald P. Becker
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Daniel Prevedello
- May 2020 Highlights Extra Articles
- Covid-19 and the PNA
- "PNA wants to offer a heartfelt Thank you to all the first responders, doctors, nurses and all working on the front line of this epidemic"
- April 2020 Highlights Extra Articles
- April 2020 Highlights Medical Corner
- April 2020 Highlights Research Articles
- Happy New Year from PNA!
- PNA Thanks You!
- Financial and Medical Assistance Organizations
- Healthcare Tools and Resources
- Patient Support and Advocacy Organizations
- May 2018 Pituitary Research Articles
- Pituitary Network Association Brochures
- Countdown to 2018!
- Dear Supporter
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Michael Ivan
- Pituitary Centers with Multi-Disciplinary Teams (Centers of Excellence)
- Pituitary Patient Resource Guide Sixth Edition Additional Information and References
- PDF Test Article
- Indian Man with Giant Arm Fights Stigma of Localized Acromegaly
- Hoag Hospital Pituitary Support Group Meetings
- PNA Medical Corner: Nonfunctioning pituitary incidentaloma
- PNA Medical Corner: GHRT
- July 2015 Pituitary Research Articles
- Low T3 Syndrome I: It’s Not About the Thyroid!
- PNA Spotlight: Dr. Daniel Kelly
- PNA Patient Conference a Big Success
- In Memoriam: Anja Ries Kjærgaard
- December 2014 Pituitary Research Articles
- Giving Tuesday
- November 2014 Pituitary Research Articles
- Endocrine Society Releases Clinical Practice Guideline for Acromegaly
- PNA Recommended Articles October 2014
- PNA Medical Corner: Dr. Oyesiku
- Patient Story: Acromegaly Causes Deformed Jaw
- Patient Story: Cushing’s Masquerades as Obesity
- Partner with PNA to Reach Pituitary Patients
- Family Resource Center
- Pituitary Network Association Offering our Resource Guide in Print!
- Returning Members
- Pituitary Network Association Coming Events
- 7 Things to Know About Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- How Can I Help You?
- Pituitary Network Association
- Highlights Newsletter
- PNA Members Only Library
- Routine Probiotic Use in Very Preterm Infants: Retrospective Comparison of Two Cohorts
- SIR: Leaky Vein Valves Time to Menstrual Cycle
- PNA Forum Rules
- Dummy Content
- Check out our Services
- PNA Joins Acromegaly Action